Assist Services Group are looking to recruit a professional, personable and friendly security officer to work in alongside one of our officer in a street patrol in the SW8 area.
As part of your role you will work with the public, local businesses – particularly the licensed venues – and their guests to maintain levels of security and safety of the area for all. On shifts, you will be ready to assist local businesses with any incidents and / or suspicious behaviours that occur, working in partnership with the premises staff and / or their security staff. We are looking to have 4 patrol officers working as a team around the South Bank area.
Pay Rate: £11.00 to £13.00
Shift Pattern: Fri – Sat – Sun
Shift Times: 18:00-02:00 / 18:00-02:00 / 18:00-02:00
Responsibilities of the role (not exhaustive to):
- Assist and support the public on behalf of the Local Authority with regards to safety and welfare.
- Gather information and intelligence for directed and further action against offenders, share information and facilitate cross-border liaison.
- Detect, Disrupt & Deter offenders and other enforcement actions where required.
- Process persons for relevant offences and other enforcement actions and ensure that all matters relating to the process of information are carried out in a prompt, efficient manner in line with service and legal requirements.
- Use bodycam appropriately to gather evidential support.
- Provide education and awareness based patrols in the public domain, to manage ASB, prevent crime and other forms of nuisance in a borough/ area wide setting.
- Task hot spot localities identified by the public and the Police and actively prioritise low level and quality of life issues.
- Work in partnership with Local Service providers: Police, Intelligence Units, Crime Reduction and Community Safety Partnerships.
- Provide a reduction in the fear of crime and improved reassurance through committed public liaison.
- SIA Door Supervisor license
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Be able to use a two-way radio.
- Report writing experience (may provide a skills test at interview)
- Conflict management skills and experience.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Be trustworthy as will be working within a team on site with no management presence but inform current team have been removed for not doing work.
- Be compassionate and motivated to support and help the public.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Be able to self-task and take responsibility for service delivery and development.
- Clean pressed black polo
- Clean pressed black trousers / combats
- Clean polished black shoes / patrol boots.
- NO trainers – denim – hoodies