We are looking to recruit a Security Team Leader for one of our large food & bar social venues.
Door Supervisor Licence Required.
First Aid Required.
SPLC £15.00 a hour.
6 – 8 Hours – 25 Hours a week.
Working over Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat
Shift times – may vary.
Responsibilities of the role (not exhaustive to):
- Uphold security policy of Assist & the client.
- Overseeing security patrols, body & bag searches, security vigilance and investigating those involved in serious incidents.
- Supporting the in-house security team day to day duties & incidences involving safety & security with good practice & legislation.
- Resolve & defuse disputes / difficult situations by exercising the highest standard of customer care.
- Refuse access or remove anyone from the premises who may render the licensee subject to prosecution for any offence or who are in breach of the security policy after consultation with clients representative & to do so in accordance with licensing law of venues policies & procedures.
- You must ensure resources are in place to prevent unnecessary harm to customers or staff.
- Uphold & abide by the Equal Opportunities Policy of the venue and Assist Services.
- Protect the fabric & fittings of the venue from vandalism, misuse, etc.
- Ensuring the safety of acts in accordance with policy of the venue and / or each individual attending/ working venue if not a blanket policy and their contracts.
- Uphold & enforce laws and venue policies including smoking policy and the terms & conditions of the license.
- Uphold and abide by the Sustainability Policy of the venue & Assist Security.
- Record in detail the circumstances of any incidents that occur, logging details of staff and patron witnesses.
- Ensure all staff involved in any safety and / or security incidents complete an incident report as soon as feasibly possible post incident with copies being sent to operations email within 24hours.
- To liaise with Assist Security Head Office with regards to staff and / or client matters including complaints and compliments.
- To liaise with Assist Security Head Office with regards to requirements for equipment, uniform, PPE, etc as pertained and required by the contract.
- To ensure all Assist Security staff are carrying out their duties as required.
- To ensure all Assist Security staff are adhering to the Assist Security Staff Code of Conduct and the Code of Conduct expected by the venue.
- Provide first aid cover to staff and customers. To do this as directed by the Venue Manager or Event Co-ordinator.
- Provide briefing instructions to all Assist staff following information given by client.
- To adhere to instructions regarding safety and security given by the client at all times.
- Oversee & delegate the Door Supervisor team in their duties to provide adequate cover in all areas of the venue.
- Be the first point of call of Assist Security hierarchy for both client and Assist staff.
- Behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times to all persons.
- To ensure that Assist Security staff behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Assist staff should not endanger themselves or others whilst carrying out their job. In accordance with good practice and legislation.
- To compile a brief report at the end of each shift detailing any incidents occurring or matters of note that have arisen and ensuring this is emailed to operations email.
- To ensure that drinking-up is completed within the appropriate period of time and that all other policies and laws are abided with at the venues To support the Assist Head Office with scheduling requirements (i.e. liaison with staff, etc)
- To support the Client and Assist Head Office with any other duties, in line with the job description that may, from time to time, reasonably be required
Skills and Attributes:
- Immaculate presentation.
- Professional & personable.
- Highly organised.
- Good communication skills both verbal & written.
- Honest & reliable.
- Door Supervisor SIA Licence.
- Conflict Management
- Emergency First Aid required.
Should you be interested in this position, please ensure you submit a detailed CV when applying.