Assist Security have been established since 1988 in a number of Security sectors including 5* Hotel, Hospitals, Corporate buildings, Luxury retail, High-end Events, Residential, Street Patrols, Intelligence & Investigation, Tourist Attractions, Licensed premises, and Close Protection.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for DS Officer who is experienced, professional, and confident to work at within our 5* Hotels based in London. You will be joining a team who’s focuses on the guest’s wellbeing and embrace our guest’s sense of adventure while visiting London. You will be joining our security events team.
Pay Rate: £11.00 to £13.00
Shift Pattern: Ad-hoc as and when events are on.
Shift Times: Morning starts: 06:00-11:00 Mid-day starts: 11:00-14:00 Afternoon starts: 14:00-17:00 Evening starts: 18:00-20:00
As a Security Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling entrances, patrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience. You will also be required to investigate theft and support evacuation procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Monitor and control entrances
- Provide security presence for the event in line with the hotel terms and conditions
- Provide security presence for the event in line with the licencing act
- Conduct regular searches of bags, etc of staff and guests where required and report discrepancies or violations immediately
- Patrol the hotel on a regular basis ensuring fire walks take place and are recorded
- Ensure safe passage of cash transfers within the hotel
- Support evacuation of the hotel during fire alarm situations
- Monitor suspicious packages and be aware of bomb and terror threat procedures
- Ensure hotel facilities and function rooms remain secure and locked when not in use
- Maintain the Security Log Book and Incident Reports
- Manage undesirable behaviour in a professional manner, intervening and defusing potential altercations
- Liaise with Police in the absence of Security Team Leader
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty Adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations
- Experience working in 5* Luxurious Hotel’s
- SIA Door Supervisor license
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Professional & Personable
- Immaculate Presentation
- Good time-keeping
- Able to follow instructions
- Clean pressed black suit
- Clean pressed white shirt
- Black tie
- Black polished leather shoes
- NO trainers – denim
What we can provide & additional benefits:
- 24/7 Control Room.
- App based rostering systems for each of viewing rotas, accepting shifts, holiday management & booking on/ off shifts.
- Additional revenue through overtime work available.
- Career progression.
- 24hr GP helpline service.
- Free Professional confidential counselling & welfare advise for careers of dependants.
- Free Financial & Legal assistance and advice.
- Discount codes & vouchers: Cinemas, supermarkets, restaurants, fitness centres and many more
- Strong Management support through regular site visits.