Salary: competitive hourly rates paid monthly
Shifts: Available 7 days a week but must be available for at least 90% of the events and all major / key events
Type of Work: Full time and part time work available
Location: Tower Hamlets
We are looking for proactive and engaging Event Security Officers to join us at a very high profile venue in the Tower Hamlets area for their events starting in May 2022.
This venue is a steeped in history and it will be a fantastic iconic location to be able to work – there are very few who can say they have worked as part of the events team at this site. You will be part of a team delivering a “once in a lifetime” event at one of London’s most iconic historical locations.
With a huge uplift this summer due to a significant event (yet to be published), we at Assist are looking for customer-focused to work on behalf of Assist Security playing a leading role in creating a safe, secure and welcoming environment for the public across the events calendar at this venue.
Our Event Security team, provide a visible and active reminder that safety paramount for the visitors, guests, public and staff whilst we enhance their event experience. We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible people who have a good baseline knowledge of counter-terrorism and relevant security experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Helping manage queues
• Bag searches
• Access control
• Supporting the crowd management team
• Supporting the in-house security team
• Traffic management and direction
• Reporting irregularities and incidents
• Ensuring crowd safety and security
• Customer service and guest experience
• Deter unwanted visitors to the area and event
• Monitor areas to deter vandalism, intrusions and other criminal behaviours to our guests, event and members of the public in the area
• Great communication skills
• Friendly and approachable
• A want to enhance the experience of all event go-ers
• Takes pride in work
• Reliable and punctual
• SIA Door Supervisor license
• Able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions (coats will provided in adverse weather conditions)
• Be able to work within a team as well as on their own
• Be able to take directions and instructions from supervisors
• Valid Emergency First Aid Qualification (desirable not essential)
Should you be interested in this position, please ensure to submit a detailed CV when applying.